Webfetti.com

Wednesday 1 July 2009

Tips I have learnt along the way ........

Im no expert by any means, but I have learnt a few things along the way. I will list what I feel to be the key things to help keep the weight coming off......

1. Make a list of all the reasons why you want to do this. Why it is so important to you. Why you feel bad about yourself now, and how you think you will feel when you have lost some weight. What benefits will there be when you have lost some weight. Write it all down and keep it safe. Look at it whenever you feel your losing your motivation. Helps to keep you on the straight and narrow.

2. Measure yourself before you start. Take measurements from arms, bust, thighs, calves, hips. Write it all down and measure yourself on the 1st of every month to see those inches falling off.

3. Take photos of yourself once a month. See the difference. All helps to spur you on.

4. Set yourself mini goals. 5%, first 7 lbs, 1st stone, 10%, etc, targets for anniversaries, birthdays, christmas. Set yourself small realistic goals that you can achieve easily. Helps to keep you focused.

5. Track absolutely everything. If it goes in your mouth and has a points value, then track it !!! Dont kid yourself that your not eating something when you clearly have. You will only be cheating yourself. You cannot cheat the scales..... they tell the truth !!!

6. Drink between 2-3 litres of water every day. It is so good for weight loss. I always have my best losses when I have drank all my water. It helps to keep skin and hair healthy too , and keeps you regular ;O) .

7. Vary your food . Dont constantly eat the same old foods every day. Your body will get used to it and your metabolism will slow down. Keep it interested !!! Try different foods.

8. Bulk out your meals with plenty of 0 point vegetables. It helps to fill you up without adding extra points.

9. Always stop eating when you are full. Dont force yourself to over eat. If your body is saying thats enough, then listen to it !!!

10. Exercise if you can. Even walking is a fantastic way of losing weight. Its free to do and easy. Push yourself a little further each time. Its amazing how well you can do when you get used to it.

11. Write a blog !! Its a fantastic way of keeping you out of the kitchen and enables you to get all your thoughts down on paper. Follow other peoples blogs and you will see the highs and lows of their journeys and you will be able to gain tips and advice that you may not have even thought about.

12. Go on the ww 5+ boards. The girls (and gents) on there are amazing. They are always there with words of encouragement, advice, and support. They are brill believe me.

During my journey I have virtually cut out bread altogether as I found I wasn't doing very well whilst eating bread. Its optional but it really has worked for me.

You can do this. It is a lifetime plan and a healthy one. There is nothing that is forbidden, thats what I like about weight watchers. If you want it, then have it, but make sure you POINT it !!

Above is what I have been doing since September, and so far have lost 75lbs ! If I can do it, anyone can, and like I said before, look at some of the amazing results of some of the girls on the 5+ board.

Don't give up....you will be back to square one again if you do......as I well know xxx

2 comments:

  1. you have done fantasticly hun!!! 64lbs lost thats amazing!!! and ur tips are spot on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, what fantastic tips. I never done your first tip so I'm going to think about it today and write it all down later.

    You've come a long way and you're looking fantastic. You look like a completely different person from 9 months ago!! Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete