I was having a play on the computer this morning and found this on google..... it certainly made me think. If you have fallen off the wagon lately, this may just help you realise why you shouldnt give up x
The weekend is over and you have fallen off the wagon. It's now time to get serious!
This weight loss riddle will get you back on track, back on the wagon ... presidential style!!!There's no need to give up!
You've decided to make scrambled eggs for breakfast. You take three eggs from the refrigerator. As you are oh so gracefully moving toward the counter, one falls from your hand and smashes on the floor.
What do you do?
1. Clean it up.
2. Make two scrambled eggs instead of three.
3. Get another egg from the fridge.
4. Throw the other two eggs on the floor and say 'screw it!'
Weight loss is a process. Falling off the wagon and finding yourself a bit bruised and bloated is par for the course. There's no need to throw your eggs on the floor and give up!
Those who reach their weight loss goals are simply the ones who get back on the wagon - again and again. (Personally, I've fallen so many times, it's become a part of my exercise program.) Those who succeed experience these setbacks as temporary lapses. They understand that there are no magic bullets, no quick fixes. The turtle wins this race.
Here are a few thoughts and tips to help you pick yourself up and climb back on the wagon!
How to Pull Yourself Up from the Boot Straps in four Easy Steps
1. Practice Loving-Kindness. Please stop being hard on yourself and saying mean things to yourself, too! (If someone else called you a fat pig, you'd punch them in the nose!)
2. Helping others stay on track is a way of keeping yourself on track.
3. Write Out Your List of Reasons: I want to lose weight because ____________. (fill in the blank and be honest) . "Be healthy. Look younger. Be socially acceptable. Make that rat who left me feel real bad."
4. The 80/20 Rule. No one is perfect 100% of the time. If you follow your weight loss plan 80% of the time, and treat yourself to an occasional treat 20% of the time, you should be able to achieve and maintain your weight loss goals.
I like this. I think this lady speaks a lot of sense . Hope it helps x
Wedding: Flowers and Details
2 days ago