Webfetti.com

Sunday 3 January 2010

Feeling positive :O))... ww...new job...new year....

My posts have been short and sweet of late, with the busy bustle of christmas, but I now have chance to fill you in a little more on whats been happening......
I have thoroughly enjoyed Christmas and the New Year celebrations this year !! its been fun.......However, it is now time to take down the tree, re-focus on ww, start my new opportunity which I will fill you in on in a min, and look forward to what lies ahead this year in 2010 .... ;O)
Im now holding onto the ww wagon with my teeth and nails. After my ghastly gain of 7 pounds :( .... I really need to brush that under the carpet and recapture that desire, and drive to get the last of this weight off again. First two days back on plan have gone ok . As I speak , I am now only 1.5 points over what I should be, which for me is brilliant !! An sp has also shown a loss of 1 pound :O) .... so its starting to go in the right direction again... YAY !! Unfortunately, the house is still crammed with tins of chocolates, biscuits, peanuts, cakes, trifles...... all of which my family love, so I cant even get rid of it all..... I still have 3 of my own unopened boxes of chocolates which Im contemplating giving away to a good home :O) ..... I would say Im 95% back on track. Had a ww meal on new years day, and yesterday dinner was a cod fillet in breadcrumbs and vegetables. Thats not bad considering the last 2 weeks..... so watch this space !! Found a very good quote on facebook this morning which I liked .....

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and New Year , when they really should worry about what they eat between New Year and Christmas"

Lol ... how true !!

As to my new opportunity.... :O) .... last week, 30th December, I was invited to attend an interview for a job which I had applied for. The job is for 25 hours a week, about a 5 minute drive away, as a receptionist at a doctors surgery !!! I am pleased and over the moon to say that I GOT THE JOB !!!! The lady rang me on New Years Eve to tell me !!
The job which I currently do is a receptionist at an Osteopath Practice, 2 afternoons and 1 morning a week which is 13 miles away. Ironically, the shifts for both jobs almost enable me to do both ... eeeeekkk..... I do love my Osteopath job, although the boss is very pushy and making me do a lot more than be a receptionist with no extra money... he has already said he wants me to be the next practice manager, but to be honest, Im not sure I want the hassle. Im more than willing to do my shifts as a receptionist, and work hard, and would love to be able to do both jobs , (just need to see if one lady is willing to do a morning shift instead of an evening shift at the osteopaths and then Ive got it covered , although I feel I may need to drop one shift to just give me half a days break!!).... really need to go in and talk to the Osteopaths to see what they think.... I dont want to leave there, but lets see what they say. Financially , if it came to it and I have to choose one or the other, it would be better to leave the Osteopaths as Im spending too much on petrol there..... lets just wait and see.... I will let you know later this week !! Fingers crossed !!

Feeling really positive right now, new year, back on track with ww (just) , new job , and Im in the process of planning a holiday with a friend in May ... ;O)) !! Have never been away before with a friend before, and Im sooooooooooooooooo looking forward to it. Shes great company and Im sure we will have a giggle. Both families have said they don't mind us going, so think its going to be booked up by the end of this week !!! YAY !!! cant wait !!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. Wow it sounds like you had a fab christmas and new year. Congrats for getting back on track and for getting a new job. double wow.
    and a holiday. core Tina, your going to have a fab 2010.

    CBG XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job & getting back on track, I am trying to get there, slowly!! Holiday sounds fab, Im sure you will both have a fab time, if your last night out is anything to go by ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do:o)

    Make sure you build some "ME" time into your day, holding down two jobs can take it out of you. You will need so chilling time.

    Happy New Year I am sure you are going to have a great one.

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the job - fantastic start to the year! Love the quote - very true!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job. Giving both jobs a go seems like a good option. If you decide after a few weeks that it's too much then maybe have a rethink.
    Having all those goodies around the house would be too much of a temptation for me. I'd have to get rid asap. It's great that you're managing to stay on track and the scales are already moving in the right direction.
    As for the holiday in May, what a great reason to stay on track. There's only 17 weeks to wait :o) wooohoooo. All that holiday shopping to do before going for smaller sized summer clothes.
    Glad to hear you're sounding so positive right now. Have a fantastic week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congrats on your new job, Tina. It does sound right up your street, and I hope it's all you want it to be.

    You are just bubbling over with positivity in this post and I'm deeply envious of your planned girls only holiday. What a motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful news Tina!! What did you decide in the end?? You could always juggle both and then sack one in if t got too much??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job and good luck getting back on track this year, though I think you can give yourself a break over xmas and new year seeing how well you've done already.
    I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a beautiful blogger award as I really enjoy reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete