Webfetti.com

Thursday 17 June 2010

new beginnings .....

I don't often talk about my relationship with my hubby. Not much to say really.
I haven't been happy for a long while with him, for many reasons. He does not get on with my youngest daughter at all, which is a real strain. They are always arguing. It feels that each of them is competing for my attention, which is hard when Im doing such weird hours at work. I get exhausted listening to them pick on each other to be honest.
My hubby is also very childish. When I met him, he was still living with his mum and dad. This is 4 and a half years ago, and he is now 37. He has never had to start from scratch creating a home. He has never even bought a piece of furniture. In fact it has all been laid on a plate for him since he started living with me 4 years ago. I have lived in my home for 20 years, and bought and paid for everything. Ok, he does contribute towards all the bills, but I work blooming hard to pay my half too. But now, we have decided to split up. We have nothing in common, and although I dont hate him or dislike him, I have decided to end our relationship.
I have never liked his family, as you may remember from previous posts, but I really have tried to get on with them. Tried even helping them to decorate, had them over for meals, and yet not one word of thanks. They are all from a different world that I was bought up in, but now, I just want out of it....
Bearing in mind Ive lived here 20 years, and it is the roof over my childrens heads, and I have paid for everything in it, my disgusting horrible father-in-law has told my other half to *take me for half the house* ... !! He has only lived here for 4 flipping years after leaving mummy and daddys filthy disgusting nest .... believe me, they have never ever worked hard to make things nice. Their place is disgusting, and yet, now, because I want to end the relationship, I could now lose everything. Life is the pits at times ..........


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. Oh Tina, I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, but its definitely the best decision to make if you aren't happy.

    Surely he cannot be entitled to half your house if he hasn't paid for it in the first place??? I don't know how these things work, but I'd hope he would get nothing.

    Hope you're doing ok xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina
    Melinda is quite right - I work in these circles and I would be very surprised if a judge ordered half the house to him (as youo owned it before being wed)! He might get some of the contents - bey hey ho out with the old in with the new!!!
    You go with what your heart is telling you - you only live once hun !!!!
    Good luck with whatever you decide.
    We're always here for you.
    Take Care
    Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is too short to waste in an unhappy situation. I could write the book Tina. He is not entitled to half, but you may have to pay him off. I lost the house I had lived in for thirty years when I divorced my ex. He still lives there. I lived ther for fifteen years beforw we got together! Go see a solicitor and protect your own interests and your girls.

    Good Luck love

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Tina, Im so sorry to hear your news, but it sounds like its for the best. And NO WAY will he be eligiable to receive half the house, ridiculous. But upsetting all the same. Bigs hugs from bonnie scotland for you n your girls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't worry about your house, he has no leg to stand on. A friend of mine went through this after just a year or marriage and there is no way he will get half the house after such a short time (yeah maybe after 30 years), them even saying is complete crap. Just fight him and don't give in, he would not win this one and he can go back to his mum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about this Tina. Although I am younger than you, I went through a similar situation with my eldest's sperm donor lol. We weren't even married and had only lived together for 4 months at the time. When I sought legal advice (I was living in England then) I was told that my home was at risk from him. I was advised to consider transferring the house into my daughter's name so that it could be safeguarded. Thankfully, he didn't go through with it as it would cost him too much time and money.

    I hope he sees reason and leaves you and your family alone now. Sorry to sound like the bearer of bad news and I hope laws have changed since 2004. If not, I hope the idea may be something that could help you.

    Take care hun, we are all thinking of you.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete